ABOUT SISTER LECIA
My name is Lecia Barnard. I am a Registered Nurse and Midwife and affiliated with SACLC.
I have an honors degree in psychology and I am also a qualified teacher.
I breastfed both my children even after returning to work.
MY LACTATION KNOWLEDGE INCLUDES
(BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO):
- Latching issues, nipple pain, bleeding and/or cracked nipples.
- Oversupply of milk, plugged ducts, mastitis, thrush.
- Pumping issues and return-to-work planning.
- Special circumstances including adoptive breastfeeding, re-lactation and nursing after breast reduction or augmentation.
- Multiples (twins and triplets).
- Safe sleep and safe co-sleeping practices.
- Medications and procedures that may affect lactation.
Things that you might want help with:
- Pregnant and wanting to prepare for your baby.
- Struggling during the early days, or further, down your breastfeeding journey.
- Feeling challenged and thinking that things could be better.
- Not sure whether your baby’s feeding and/or sleeping behavior is normal.
- You feel that you are crying more than the baby.
I would like to help you by:
- Patiently listening to you explain your concerns.
- Taking the time to assess your situation and draw up a plan that fits you, your lifestyle and family.
- Providing information and support towards your feeding goals.